A Big 4 professional services firm is looking to make 2 hires into their FS assurance practice into their regulatory reporting team. The roles are at assistant manager and manager level, and will focus on the banking sector.
The client is looking for individuals with a strong knowledge of prudential regulatory rules and how they apply in-house, combined with an assurance background.
- Working on engagements with clients in the banking sector, in small-sized teams or larger teams
- Executing s166 reviews and constructing project reports to the regulators (FCA/PRA) and relevant engagement partners as appropriate
- Advising clients with assurance that their production, validation and submittal of regulatory returns is in line with the latest guidelines
- Delivering technical advice to clients on regulatory reporting requirements and advisory or assurance projects related to capital and liquidity
- Providing insight to clients on the latest regulatory developments, and how these could impact their current processes and controls
- Instructing clients on the practical application of prudential rulings set out by CRDIV/CRR and contained in the FCA/PRA handbooks
- Developing prudential regulation based training and helping with the preparation of proposals/tenders, client workshops, marketing materials and industry seminars
- Mentoring other less experienced team members and identifying business development opportunities
- Degree qualified or equivalent is essential; ACA professional qualification is preferable
- Competent understanding of regulatory rulings and guidance related to the banking sector, with a prudential focus and experience in applying these in practice
- Experience in either an advisory capacity, regulatory assurance, financial services audit from a peer consulting firm, regulator or banking organisation
- Knowledge of a business’ governance frameworks, process and controls and structures and an awareness of prudential regulatory developments
- Technical proficiency in conduct of business, capital and liquidity areas
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to evaluate issues, analyse facts and deliver a consultative service to clients
- A strong stakeholder and relationship-building capability, with first-rate written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in teams and working independently
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.