Our client, a global leader in risk consulting is seeking a seasoned compliance professional to join their growing Risk and Compliance (R&C) function. Leading a small team within this speciality compliance function you will be primarily responsible for:
- Acting as a 'single point of contact' for the allocated business areas for all risk and compliance matters.
- Managing a team to supporting those business areas, ensuring that the businesses have the necessary information to operate in line with relevant regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing the approach and structure of the R&C Business Partner team and regularly assessing and evaluating the skills and performance of direct reports.
- Manage and develop direct reports to deliver excellent service.
- Providing input to the teams and department's annual plans and operational frameworks.
- Ensure that a robust, pragmatic and responsive approach is adopted with the business so that they see 'one professional and insightful service' from the R&C team.
- Ensure that the team provides their services in a commercially aware, clear, timely and unambiguous manner.
- Assist the R&C Business Partners Director with quality and timely preparation and delivery of required reporting to the various relevant governance committees
- Assist the R&C Business Partners Director, Regulatory Compliance Director, Head of Compliance and CRO with the FCA relationship and project work.
- Collaborating closely with the other Compliance functions providing a joined-up approach to take regulatory horizon scanning, gap analysis and policy development to clearly interpret and communicate the required action to the business.
- Assist the businesses in preparing and delivering FSMA s165 and s166 type activities.
- Assist in responding to all relevant regulatory information requests and reporting across the firm.
- Monitor business compliance with all relevant policies, frameworks, procedures and escalation standards.
- Assist in the creation and implementation and ongoing monitoring of the annual compliance plan and risk assessment programme to ensure there is regular monitoring, review, management and control.
- Support R&C Business Partners in conducting robust root-cause analysis for emerging events and near misses.
- Build strong, mutually beneficial relationships across the control functions such as Internal Audit and Legal. Use this information to inform R&C Business Partners and Divisional Executive's understanding of key risk exposures and their management.
- Be commercial, pragmatic and practical, collaborative, strength, resilient character. Capable of assisting the business attain their objectives in a compliant way (confident, sustainable growth not growth at all costs). Have a very strong ethical compass.
Previous experience and knowledge required
- Specialist Compliance/Regulatory qualifications i.e. ICA, CII.
- Detailed knowledge of financial services industry, regulation, operating practices and associated technology.
- Proven track record of working in a similar function within the insurance or consulting field
- Excellent oral/written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Highly developed people engagement skills and ability to lead a small team of professionals.
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment.
- Dynamic and proactive, bringing energy and enthusiasm to direct reports and the business areas alike.
- Team player capable of collaborating effectively with colleagues both inside the R&C Department and the wider business units.
- Confidence and credibility to face off to senior management and directors as the single point of contact for R&C.
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.