The UK Risk Director is responsible for the ERM leadership across the UK firms, and working with Executive and senior management to achieve their risk vision.
- Risk Appetite: Work with the UK Boards to define and implement Risk Appetite and monitor alignment.
- Business Planning: Support the business in the development and challenge of business strategy and help to ensure alignment between strategy and appetite.
- Emerging Risks: Lead the identification and monitoring of key horizon risks.
- ERM Framework: Lead any required local development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the ERM Framework in line with ERM Framework.
- Leadership & Support: Work with UK Boards, Business Units/ Functions, Risk Co-ordinators and Senior Management, to provide advice, guidance, training and tools to support the adoption, operationalisation and embedding of the ERM Framework, policies and practices.
- New Products/Projects: Ensure relevant new products and projects are risk assessed, and reviewed by the appropriate governance bodies.
- Control Functions: Work effectively with the other Control Functions to share information and intelligence.
- People & Performance Management: Lead and manage the UK Risk Team.
- Risk Registers: Define, deliver and maintain a robust risk assessment programme across the UK firms, and work with Executive Management to ensure the accuracy and efficacy of the register.
- 7-10 years ERM experience, working in senior risk roles in a regulated environment, (preferably the insurance sector).
- Member of the Institute of Risk Management – (CMIRM), Professional Member of the Institute of Operational Risk (PIOR) or equivalent professional body a significant plus.
- Excellent knowledge of ERM and demonstrated ability to apply ERM principles.
- Strong understanding of regulation and corporate governance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Review and challenge skills.
- Hands on working style, pragmatic and solution-oriented.
- Demonstrated planning & organisation skills.
- Some people and performance management experience is a plus.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.