Global insurer is seeking a seasoned Risk professional to join their established Risk function. This is a 12mths FTC maternity leave contract.
Reporting to the ERM Manager you will play a key role in promoting the embedding of the Risk Management Framework across our European entities. The Risk Manager (FTC) will promote first line ownership and monitoring of our European risk appetite statements via the continuous development of a suitable risk reporting framework that supports risk based decision making and escalation of issues as required. In addition, the role will support all ERM and technical actuarial/quantitative analysis produced by the Risk Management team. This includes but is not limited to, legal entity annual ORSA reports, stress and scenario testing, risk aggregation and accumulation monitoring analysis, Risk Management involvement in Internal Model validation and specific risk assessments. The Risk Manager (FTC) also plays a meaningful role in the delivery of the key responsibilities of the Risk Management function especially the improvement of risk intelligence, Committee and Board reporting, preparation of external submissions and Internal Model responsibilities.
Key responsbilities include -
- Supporting the embedding of the European Risk Management Framework and the underlying risk policies across the organisation through the provision of a strong risk management framework. This will involve actively supporting the development of risk identification, assessment, evaluation and reporting processes.
- Deliver enhancements to the risk appetite framework e.g. the development of risk based metrics and assist senior management in understanding and controlling the risks to the business.
- Development of risk intelligence and overseeing the automation of existing risk metrics and promoting its use by the first line and senior management.
- Develop the Risk Function’s engagement with management by supporting and developing the first line risk management activities and advise on risk and controls self-assessments (including local prudential and conduct risk requirements) and loss event reporting.
- Perform ERM and actuarial/quantitative analysis produced by the Risk Management team. This includes but is not limited to the production of legal entity annual ORSA reports, development and performance of relevant stress and scenario analyses (including reverse stress testing).
- Support the integration of our risk aggregation and accumulation process in conjunction with our Enterprise Risk Unit and ensure incorporation into regular cycle of management reporting.
- Lead and support on other key Risk Management strategic initiatives as required, including but not limited to specific risk assessments and various ongoing topical risk analyses.
- Quantitative risk management and financial analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate technical positions clearly at senior management level.
- An understanding of insurance products, services and associated regulatory regimes.
- Ability to understand risks, issues and impacts and manage these across a diverse series of products and locations concurrently.
Skills/Experience required -
- Degree level or equivalent
- Relevant actuarial or risk management or financial professional qualification
- Quantitative / technical risk management experience
- Insurance market experience, ideally in general insurance.
- Experience in a fast paced organisation, with tight deadlines and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Experience in communicating technical positions clearly at management level
- Experience in working with a broad range of other functions, including but not limited to underwriting, finance, actuarial and claims
- Project risk management is desirable but not essential
- A good understanding of prudential and conduct risk management disciplines in financial services
- Quantitative and technical risk management skills
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate technical positions clearly at senior management level
- Ability to quickly pick up new concepts and projects and ‘hit the ground running’
- Organisational skills, reflecting an ability to prioritise, take ownership and manage junior resources