Due to continued growth our client, a global boutique re/insurance broker is seeking a seasoned risk professional to join their growing governance function. This is a newly created role, with an attractive career path reporting directly to the Group CRO. My client is seeking a pragmatic risk SME to support the business and their entities in the development of their risk framework.
- Second line responsibility for all risk management matters affecting the Group and its subsidiaries and their operations including but not limited to -
- Development and management of risk in US and Ireland - creation of risk registers, appetite statements etc
- Further development of risk in UK - control effectiveness reviews, second level risk registers
- Investigation and management of risk incidents
- Development of Risk MI including the risk thresholds
- Setting up risk module of GRC technology
- Preparation of first drafts of Risk reports for the 3 boards and the prep work that precedes that
- Attendance at some governance meetings - market security, controls forum
- Generally maintaining good relationships with senior management, the business, third party service providers and other relevant parties
- As required, participation in/membership of relevant committees of the Group and/or its subsidiaries. Providing risk input into major projects and initiatives of the Group
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of being part of a risk function in a regulated business
- Deep knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Deep domain knowledge in operational risk management in the insurance sector
- Ability to interact with ease with senior stakeholders including Board, senior executives and key external stakeholders such as investors, regulators and auditors.
- Strong drive and resilience under pressure.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial judgement and ability to act independently
- Ability to cope with and manage change and disruption effectively
- Collaborative and strong team player
- Role model the Firm's purpose, strengths, commitments and culture.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.