This is a newly created Risk Manager role supporting the finance function for the well-known General Insurer.
You will report directly to the CFO. The role has no direct reports but you will need to engage with and coordinate activity across the whole of Finance, working closely with the Risk team.
In the role of Finance Risk Manager you will ensure that any risks affecting customers and stakeholders are effectively identified and managed including operational and change risks. You will ensure that Finance risk management and governance processes are effectively embedded and delivered in all Finance teams.
You will be responsible for identifying and assessing threats, putting plans in place where things go wrong and deciding how to avoid, reduce or transfer risks. You will ensure the timely and accurate production of the finance risk reporting, representing the Finance area at the monthly GI Risk and Compliance Committee (GIRCC).
You will assist the CFO with oversight of other projects and activity within finance from time to time as necessary. In particular you will be the focal point for Finance in the co-ordination of internal audit of any Finance areas, and external auditor access to areas outside of Finance.
Key responsibilities include -
- Responsible for leadership of all Finance Risk management to ensure that there is evidence of: a. adherence to risk policies and practices b. the appropriate monitoring and management of risks (operational and change) and that all necessary records are maintained c. manage and oversee the risk until all actions are completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner d. excellent engagement with GIRCC, Compliance and Audit ensuring GI Finance is fully aligned and compliant with Governance requirements.
- Management and co-ordination of risk and conduct initiatives for GI Finance including: agenda and content of Finance Exec Risk meetings, managing resulting actions through to resolution and escalating issues where necessary to gain resolution. response to Risk, Compliance, Audit and other Group wide activity or requests for information including planning and leading response actions
- Act as the focal point providing co-ordination support for Internal audit activity across Finance, and external auditor access outside of Finance.
- Produce Risk and Governance reports including KRI's, Risks, Control Improvements and Risk events to a high standard suitable for submission to GIRCC on behalf of business managers and Directors.
- Co-ordination and submission of quarterly RCSA assessments and dealing with any subsequent feedback.
- End User Computing (EUC) co-ordination including quarterly spot checking, obtaining month confirmation from champions and providing direction and on the development of policy and training guide for EUCs.
- Ensure that the relevant control environments are operating effectively, key controls are tested and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Working with finance colleagues identify, monitor and escalate emerging risks.
- Contribute to decision making and information sharing including best practice across the business on matters relating to risk.
- Support the CFO with other ad-hoc matters as required.
Experience & Knowledge required -
- Relevant experience which may have been gained in a General Insurance environment or wider financial services, with particular experience of Risk or Operational Risk Management desirable.
- Confident presence in front of all levels of colleagues.
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing. Able to influence a range of stakeholders effectively as role equires delivery of results through teams across Finance rather than direct management of a team.
- Able to work without close supervision, be self-motivated in a proactive manner with a focus on seeing tasks through to completion.
- Good organisational skills with an attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
- The ability to continually develop knowledge and skills to maintain and improve personal performance and effectiveness in a changing environment
- Consistently present a professional and positive approach.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.