Leading speciality insurance group with offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe ar seeking an experience Risk Manager to join their growing Luxembourg office.
The main purpose of the role will be to ensure day to day maintenance of all the qualitative elements of the risk management framework for our European entity. This role will involve significant direct interaction with the European branch offices. This will require the candidate to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills and be able to work independently. This role will be based in Luxembourg and report into the Risk lead, based in London.
- Responsible for managing quarterly risk register review process for the central risk register, as well as individual branch registers. This will involve engaging with functional heads within the Luxembourg office and the branch offices.
- Responsible for production of quarterly risk review report to the Risk & Capital Management Committee.
- Coordinate the completion of manual data accuracy reporting and produce summary results for submission to the quarterly Operational Risk Group.
- Responsible for managing the Operational Near Miss and Loss Register and monthly update process. This will involve engaging the Luxembourg office and branch offices to ensure that the process is fully embedded and engaged with.
- Responsible for production of the quarterly reporting of near misses and losses.
- Contribute to the Emerging & Developing Risk quarterly review process, providing inputs to our International radar from a European perspective.
- Contribute to the production of the Emerging & Developing Risks quarterly report.
- Shared management of the operational risk scenario analysis process.
- Assist Head of Risk with production of ORSA reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Five-plus year's general insurance industry experience, within a Risk function, is advantageous.
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional qualification, e.g. Luxembourg risk professional qualifications, CII.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills. Fluent in English and French is a requirement and German or Spanish language skills advantageous.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, being able to work independently at times.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Able and willing to travel for business.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.