Great opportunity to join the growing 2nd line function of this global specialist insurer.
This role will focus on supporting the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Head of ERM to implementing the strategy of the Risk Management Team. To play a key role in implementing all aspects of our Risk Management Framework, in addition to providing training and share best practice with regard all aspects of risk management. Key projects this role will be involved in include implementation of a new risk system, incident process and operational resiliency.
The role includes responsibility for -
- Responsible for the development of, implementation of, administration of, and compliance with the company's risk policy and risk management processes and procedures.
- Management of operational risk and its reporting to relevant Committees
- Manage the risk and control assessment process, including communication of results to senior management.
- Support in the production of the annual and quarterly ORSA reports
- Development of risk information systems including the Risk Register and Incident Management Portal
- Responsible for updating operational risk metrics, policies, and scenario testing
- To manage operational risk training throughout the business
- To play a key role in other ad-hoc ERM deliverables including but not limited to: risk culture, risk strategy and project reviews
- Strong liaison with business managers to improve understanding of all the risks in the business.
- Champions the company values and works in accordance with the organisational behaviours.
- Liaises with various functions from across the organisation to promote a strong risk aware culture
Professional experience & knowledge required -
- Educated to degree level or equivalent/appropriate professional qualification
- Has good knowledge of the risk exposures related to the insurance sector
- Conversant with internal audit and Compliance requirements
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Financial environment
- Business and financial acumen, able to achieve business goals and objectives
- Deadline and results focused
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Professional disposition - works with minimal guidance
- Presentation skills/orally/in writing/graphically/report format
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Champions the company values and works in accordance with the organisational behaviours
- To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to financial crime and conduct
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.