This is a great opportunity for an experienced financial crime professional within the general insurance sector to join this UK Financial Crime team within the 2nd line of defence. This is a varied and challenging role providing support across several Insurance related lines of business, covering all areas of financial crime risk exposure with a primary focus on Trade and Economic Sanctions.
The role will ideally suit individuals with a deep understanding of the London market for insurance and reinsurance, combined with strong international Sanctions knowledge, and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across all levels of business.
The role will require strong relationship, influencing and decision-making skills and be required to work primarily within the UK, but also as part of a Regional and Global Compliance function. The role will require someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team, in close collaboration with colleagues across the three lines of defence.
- Investigation of specific sanctions case referrals and provision of Trade and Economic Sanctions advice and guidance to support all areas of the UK business in identifying, assessing, mitigating and monitoring ongoing exposure to Sanctions risk
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with 1st line business at all levels
- Providing input into management of sanctions elements of the financial crime framework components including key governance forums, risk and controls assessment processes, issue management and response and contributing to regular internal reports
- Ongoing management of 2nd line processes, policies and procedures relating to Trade and Economic Sanctions, assisting in review and updating them as required and in line with the Financial Crime Framework and both local and Group policies and standards
- Proactively engaging with First line key stakeholders to advise on the design and oversight of systems, controls and risks pertaining to Sanctions
- Tracking sanctions and embargoes regulatory changes and ensuring they are implemented to stay compliant, including supporting briefing papers to 1LoD colleagues
- Providing input to design and execution of sanctions monitoring and testing program
- Support and where appropriate manage key external relationships e.g. relevant industry groups, regulatory bodies and government departments and maintain an informal network of contacts within the market
- Contribute to the design, implementation and delivery of mandatory and higher risk employee Trade and Economic Sanctions Training
- Escalate appropriate matters to senior management (including MLRO/Head of Financial Crime)
- Communicate key Financial Crime updates to the UK business
- Assist with Group led activities including deep dive reviews and Financial Crime compliance across our UK and all business Entities
- Excellent understanding of multi-national General Insurance market in the UK, including international program business
- Strong knowledge and experience of best practice in managing Sanctions risks
- In depth knowledge of main sanctions regimes and their international application (OFAC, EU, UN, OFSI)
- Strong stakeholder management, business partnering and influencing skills demonstrated across leadership levels
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail, with ability to understand complex (re)insurance and Sanctions scenarios and providing clear and commercially sensitive advice
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to explain complex matters in simple terms
- Strong awareness of latest regulatory and legislative developments
- Ability to work independently in completing assigned duties to sometimes tight deadlines
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in Sanctions advisory roles within an FCA / PRA regulated financial services firm or regulator
- Professional qualification from an internationally recognised body would be a bonus - ICA Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML Diploma or Advanced Certificate or similar
- A recognised legal qualification or experience would be a bonus but not essential - law degree / CILEx or similar
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.