Our client is a leading Fintech company with a very strong presence in China.
About the role;
The candidate will work closely with the Head of compliance and play an instrumental role in the development of AML program.
- Lead and oversee KYC related screening including PEP, adverse information and sanctions
- Implement KYC policies across divisions
- Review and assess methodologies for risk assessment
- Review and approve on new Client Onboarding, Periodic Review and Trigger Event cases
- Support the identification of new trends in money laundering and terrorist financing
- Review and update policies and procedures so as to ensure that local Hong Kong laws and regulatory requirements are kept up-to-date
- Conduct and coordinate on AML training matters, including on new regulatory changes
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar capacity
- In-depth knowledge of AML and KYC laws and regulations
- Experience in implementing AML and KYC related changes
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory/compliance decisions in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment
- Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work within stipulated timeline