Purpose of Position
This is a permanent position for a member of the Transactions Team, which sits within the Operations Department. The department is largely responsible for the preparation, input and reporting of all financial and analytical client data both internally and externally for the Firm.
The focus of the team is ensuring all capital drawdowns and distributions between our investors and their investments are accurately entered into an in-house database, within a timely manner. Responsibilities of the team also include resolving cash breaks, updating FX rates, answering queries from internal and external stakeholders and making payments using several different banking websites.
The role of the Senior Transactions Analyst is to ensure that the daily work of the team is executed to a high standard and within the agreed timeframes. They will also be responsible for reviewing and approving all transactions at the 2nd approval stage and approving and releasing corporate and fund payments on several banking platforms.
The Senior Analyst is also expected to assist the Transactions Manager in motivating and supporting the team and providing guidance to the Analysts on individual project work. This role will report to the Transactions Manager.
- Review and approval of contribution and distribution transactions into the in-house database.
- Liaising within Operations and the wider business to ensure Monthly/Quarterly deliverables are achieved.
- Sending payment and receipt notices to third party administrators and clients.
- Review and approval of payments across multiple online banking systems.
- Performing review and sign-off of a number of key daily processes.
- Ensuring all daily tasks are completed by the team before close of business.
- Providing guidance and support to the Analysts when they encounter issues with their tasks.
- Training new members of the team.
- Ensuring the team investigate any cash breaks, clearing outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Instigating process improvements and supervising the team in their implementation.
- Resolving any ad-hoc queries.
- Representing the team in department-level projects and initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Confident, articulate communicator, both written and verbal.
- Proven quick-learner and self-starter. Motivated to consistently perform at a high level.
- Experience of approving work and performing oversight of daily deliverables.
- Experience of providing regular feedback/coaching/training to individuals.
- Experience of working in a high-volume transaction/trade environment, where accuracy is crucial.
- Adept at building strong relationships within their team and creating an internal network across other teams and departments.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Preferred previous experience within Operations teams on either buy or sell side.
- Direct Private Equity experience is preferable but not required.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.