Real Estate Solicitor (moving away from practice)
Eames Consulting is working with a major entity within the M&A Insurance world who are looking to appoint a Real Estate Solicitor from a Top 50 firm with around 2 - 4 years PQE to act as the main point of contact for title, legal indemnities and real estate transactional risks within the business. The firm themselves are one of the success stories in the M&A world and have quickly grown to be one of the best markets to work within.
The majority of M&A professionals within the London Insurance market are ex-practice solicitors who decided that they want to take more control of their future and move into a rapidly expanding market.
As far as day to day duties go, you would be responsible for driving awareness of the solution within the broader business, both in the local office as well as within the international offices, responsible for liaison with clients (PE / RE Investors) to craft the solutions appropriate for their business, negotiate with policy providers, take control of the transactions and deal progress, providing clients with guidance on available solutions through understanding of the legalities associated.
You will also be responsible for the day to day running of these transactions, enabling you to take a lead on client management, product development, solution creation, etc.
Reasons why solicitors have moved from Practice to Insurance:
· Commercial decision making - you're involved in the process and influencing the process rather than simply following instruction.
· More opportunity to develop your softer skills rather than just legal. (negotiation, presentation, networking, pipeline, client management)
· Control over your own workload - not being relentlessly demanded upon by Partners.
· Variety of transactions you will see, both in nature and geography, will often be greater than that in a niche team within a legal firm
· Total Compensation is often greater in insurance, depending on the firm and their reward structure you would generally expect a 20 - 50% growth in total compensation when moving from practice to insurance.
· Potential partnership / equity position in the company within a couple of years
· Manageable hours with occasional spikes, rather than consistently long hours.
So, if you're an experienced Real Estate Solicitor, who is likely to be at Associate or Senior Associate level, working within a Top 50 firm and looking for a change in direction with more professional and financial reward, please don't hesitate to get in touch:
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.