The Senior Audit Manager, Models Risk supports execution of the Bank’s strategy for the audit coverage of Quantitative Models across Principle Risk Types. The role also includes execution of audits across risk management controls and governance.
Models support regulatory capital and margin calculations, loan loss reserving, capital and liquidity stress testing, and capital management. The definition of a model, and thereby the scope of internal controls extends beyond risk models. Model Risk is a non-principal risk type subject to increased regulatory focus, and emerging definition of Model Risk Appetite. As a result, there are increased audit requirements, both regulatory and risk-based that demands technical expertise and engagement with senior stakeholder at the Group-level.
- In-depth understanding of Quantitative Model Risk management, processes, and associated control requirements.
- Strong and impactful communicator, both within reports and verbally, with ability to clearly articulate controls to be tested and risks identified to both internal and business stakeholders
- Confident and courageous to raise and escalate ideas or concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Exercise professional judgment, objectivity, and discretion
- Ability to build relationships, working within a global team.
- Experienced career internal (or external) auditor, or quantitative model risk practitioner
- Professional audit certification preferred
- Advanced understanding of regulatory guidance and requirements around Model Risk management
- Advanced knowledge of Credit and Traded Risk Models
- Core knowledge of other risk-type models