A global insurer is looking for a Senior Auditor to join their Singapore team due to expansion.
To support the APAC Internal Audit Plan through planning, executing and reporting on the outcomes of assignments, and assisting with regulatory reviews, ad-hoc projects, investigations, and Board/management requests.
- Planning and conducting audit assignments in accordance with Internal Audit’s methodology and procedures.
- Proactively communicate with auditees and the Internal Audit Manager on the progress of audit assignments.
- Discuss audit results and implications with relevant stakeholders, and make pragmatic recommendations that reflect a sound understanding of the entity’s operations.
- Draft reports that discusses audit issues in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Assess the effectiveness of management’s resolution of audit issues.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in the preparation of governance committee and management reports.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in developing and implementing departmental initiatives, and improvements to the audit process.
- Execute the Sarbanes Oxley controls testing program.
- Participate and/or plan and execute ad-hoc projects such fraud investigations, and regulatory reviews.
- Contribute to Global Internal Audit thematic audits and/or projects.
Promote and facilitate collaboration with first and second line functions, e.g., Compliance and Risk.
- Bachelors degree in Business, preferably Accounting or Finance
- Relevant professional membership/qualifications, e.g. Chartered Accountants, Certified Practicing Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information Systems Auditor and/or other information technology/security qualifications is a plus
Minimum 5 years of:
- financial and/or internal audit experience with a professional services firm (preferably an insurance specialist); or
- internal audit, finance or risk and compliance experience with a general/life insurer.