A global insurance business based in London is looking for a lead BI/ analytics developer. Operating in more than 25 countries they are ranked 118th in Forbes 2000 Global leading companies 2016
- Lead the business analysis, development and management of compliance specific tools.
- Lead compliance's development of analytics capabilities, including the selection of analytic tool(s), understanding the data available to compliance, and the creation and maintenance of continuous monitoring queries.
- Develop a compliance key risk Indicators framework. Establish a management information system in order to support compliance's planning and resource allocation decisions. Leadership
- Plan for required budget, FTEs and skills of own team
- Manage and develop talent within the team
- Plan and monitor delivery of the annual compliance plan for the team's respective activities
- Provide updates on relevant topics for senior management reporting
- Promote and participate in strategic planning and execution
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working with business (non-technical) staff to understand, influence and translate their needs into requirements for analysis.
- Proficient in SQL and at least one other data analysis tool preferred.
- Proficient in business intelligence software ( Tableau, QlikView, MS BI or similar) or similar data visualization tools and including good awareness of data visualisation good practice (e.g. Stephen Few, Edward Tufte) preferred.
- High-level understanding of corporate governance, compliance and risk management.
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills