Role: Senior Catastrophe Model Developer
Salary: Up to £90,000 + bonus
My client, part of a large international insurer are looking for a senior catastrophe model developer to join their model development and platforms team to support clients across international business in order to identify and quantify catastrophe risk from multiple perils to inform strategic decision making.
- Multi-peril catastrophe model development for risk quantification across global territories
- Working with account teams to deliver bespoke risk solutions to clients
- Presenting technical solutions to internal and external clients in a digestible manner
- Collaborating with academic and industry partners on hazard development and innovative solution development
- Project management of development work
- Undertaking management tasks with a view to building further management responsibility
- Building capability by sharing knowledge with team members
- Liaise with offices and teams world-wide and participate in business travel as required
- Experience within an analytical environment in a commercial role with a focus on catastrophe model development
- Proven track record of catastrophe model calibration and validation as well as interpretation of loss estimates
- Ability to code in at least one programming language
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Project management experience, delivery and execution
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills
- demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Experience in vendor catastrophe model evaluation adjustment
To apply please contact Thomas Knights at Eames Consulting Group.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.