Senior Catastrophe Research Analyst
Salary: £60,000 + bonus
A global insurance leader is looking to bring on a Senior Catastrophe research analyst in exposure management into their London office.
This is a research oriented role which will focus on working with experiences model evaluation teams across the globe. Identifying natural catastrophe research projects that will have meaningful commercial impact to clients. Evaluating models against independent views of risk and develop bespoke model adjustments.
- Work with experienced model evaluation team members from across the globe
- Be responsible for clearly defined natural catastrophe research projects that will have meaningful commercial impact to clients
- Evaluating models against independent views of risk and develop bespoke model adjustments
- Present findings to technical experts within our client's research teams and senior leadership in English with additional languages a plus
- Gain exposure to a wide range of insurance and reinsurance clients
As a Senior Catastrophe Research Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Technical Expertise: Have experience in evaluating or developing catastrophe models in the Re/Insurance industry and a proficiency with variety of programming languages such as SQL, python and R to allow for efficient interrogation of data through the evaluation process.
- Industry partnership building: Utilising relationships to stay up to date with changing views on hazards and having access to other data sources to develop a view of risk that is independent.
- Strong presentation skills: The ability to distil down the technical evaluation work into key points that are easily communicated to clients.
- Education:PhD or Masters in physical sciences preferably hydrology
To apply please contact Thomas Knights at Eames Consulting.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.