Title: Senior Catastrophe Research Analyst
Salary: Up to £65,000 + bonus
My client, part of a large international insurer are looking for a senior research analyst to join their Model research and evaluation team in London. You will work closely with the model research and evaluation team and will lead flood model research and evaluation projects which will define the firms view of catastrophe risk for a peril/ region and inform (re)insurance decision making.
Main responsibilities include:
- Evaluation and assessment of catastrophe flood risk models.
- Analysing and validating catastrophe model outputs.
- Producing evaluation reports.
- Lead the design, planning, coordination and production of relevant model sensitivity analyses for different territories.
- Research flood-specific topics as requested by clients
- Communicate effectively with team members and junior members, providing training where necessary. Liaise with offices and teams world-wide and participate in business travel where required.
- Collaborate with model vendor experts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in hydrology, civil engineering, fluid dynamics, environmental science or other subjects related to flood risk
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of programming in R, Python or equivalent
- High level of competence with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in visualising spatial data (R, ArcGIS/QGIS, Python or equivalent
- Experience in risk assessment, climate change, catastrophe modelling and/or re-insurance industry
To apply please contact Thomas Knights at Eames Consulting Group.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.