My client, a wordlwide leading insurer, is currently seeking an Underwriting Manager (A&H, Benelux) , for their rapidly expanding office in Rotterdam.
The purpose of the role is to support the oversight of the Performance Management. This will include delivering key elements of the performance management framework in place across the claims function. The primary focus of the role will be the ongoing oversight and monitoring of the Internal Control Framework (ICF) for Claims and associated governance activities.
My client is a global speciality insurer which operates in a heavily and increasingly regulated environment. As a result, robust design and operational effectiveness of their Internal Control Framework is a business critical requirement. Notwithstanding the regulatory importance, maintaining the effectiveness of this Internal Control Framework will also enable Claims to continue delivering exceptional service in line with the companie3s Claims and Reserving Philosophies
The role holder will be responsible for the following key activities attaching to performance monitoring:
- Conducting QA reviews across multiple Classes of Business
- Provide challenge / feedback and follow up to resolution on any ‘failed’ questions
- Trend analysis to identify common failures and provide input / challenge to actions taken to improve issue
- Identify areas within Claims for ‘deep dive’ performance reviews
- Participate in any such ‘deep dive’ and / or thematic reviews, as required
- Identify areas to refine / enhance our Claims Standards and local procedures
- Identify best practices to share across all claims locations, and also to ensure consistent approaches are adopted across claims teams, where appropriate
- Monitor and report progress of recommendations
Engage with external stakeholders to:
- Utilise their views to shape our service and performance
- Share our success stories and positive client feedback
- Respond to any changes in regulatory or market practices, which impact our performance
To maintain and develop relationships with other areas within the Group, including the following:
- Claims Teams
- Underwriters & Underwriting Operations
- Central Operations
- Finance Department
- Compliance and Risk Teams
- Internal Audit
Act as Claims representative on any internal working group or committee, as required by the companies Claims.
To maintain and develop relationships with key third parties including the following;
- Third Party Administrators
- Xchanging Claims Services
- Regulators (including Lloyd’s), where appropriate
To accompany senior members of staff in carrying out client visits to discuss regulatory developments, conduct reviews, discuss issues and maintain or develop relationships.
Represent the company at meetings in conjunction with senior members of the companies Claims
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
My client is a major leader of business in the Lloyd’s market. Both Underwriting and Claims personnel operate in a highly regulated business that monitors the business they write, the manner is which it is written and the control environment that exists to oversee consistent ongoing service delivery. Internal controls and procedures are in place to ensure that the companies underwriting and claims management conforms with; Lloyd’s licences, national and international regulations and that the clients interests are protected by ensuring that financial and operating risk is identified and controlled.
The purpose of the role is to conduct qualitative reviews, assess information supplied, and provide support to the wider claim function in both Lead and following capacity (as applicable), providing technical management of this portfolio. Technical management can include but is not limited the following functions assessment, monitoring, auditing, and analysis of claims related data.
They offer a very competitive salary, company pension, competitive bonus schemes, excellent training and development resources, as well as dynamic and international teams and modern offices in central key locations across the Benelux.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for a confidential discussion.