To help the firm and related Distribution entities meet the Board's risk appetite for regulatory risk by ensuring that the Group complies with Lloyd's / PRA / FCA rules & regulations and any other regulatory requirements applicable to the business on a day-to-day basis.
To provide timely Compliance Advice to the business, ensuring our Group Compliance Minimum Standards and Group Norms are implemented throughout.
- To provide prompt verbal and written advice to the business, in respect of regulatory requirements, sanctions, export controls, insurance/insurance intermediary licensing and corporate policies and procedures
- To review and draft summaries of notices, bulletins and requests received from Lloyd's, the PRA, FCA and other relevant regulators.
- To assess potential matches identified by the sanctions monitoring tool.
- To keep up to date with new sanctions and any changes to export controls and licensing requirements and summarise the impact these will have
- To draft internal guidance and procedures relating to sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To assess regulatory changes and business changes and identify solutions/enhancements to processes that may be required to ensure continued adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- To draft summaries and advice for Senior Management describing new /changes to regulation together with the recommended course of action for necessary to comply with the requirements
- To draft new policies, procedures and work instructions, and updates to existing policies, procedures and work instructions to meet regulatory requirements or implement corporate policies
- To track the implementation of group corporate policies and ensure new policies and procedures and enhancements to existing policies and procedures are adopted, published and communicated
- To monitor and maintain a log of any potential breaches of byelaws or regulations.
- To produce Compliance key indicators monthly and quarterly and provide a written analysis of any exceptions or notable point.
- To ensure Compliance training is provided on a timely basis, to monitor completion of the training, and to chase individuals who have not completed the training on time.
- To assist with the training of junior Compliance staff and to be an active and enthusiastic member of the Compliance team.
- To update central logs relating to money laundering, bribery, corruption or fraud issues and to assist where required with any investigations.
- To help drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers/policyholders.
- To handle complaints
Knowledge & Experience required
- Proven recent experience working in a compliance / regulatory role within the Lloyd's market/London Company market.
- Experience of providing timely advice to the front office/underwriters (e.g. sanctions, export controls, licencing).
- Comprehensive understanding of current regulatory environment.
- Understanding of business strategy and the work of the other departments within the organisation.
- Must have a track record of solving problems and delivering solutions to the business.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.