This reputable global insurer are seeking an experienced compliance professional who has a strong generalist background who is looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and manage their own workload.
Reporting into the Head of Compliance this role would support the Compliance function with effecting the annual compliance plan. In particular focus on TOBAs, maintaining and expanding company license capabilities, and collection and analysis of data to evidence compliance with regulatory and company standards, including coordinating internal and external reporting.
Key areas of responsibility -
- Ensure the broker appointment process remains fit for purpose and amend accordingly in line with the changing profile of the business
- Maintain TOBA records
- Update and maintain relevant systems
- Support the business with sanctions related queries
- Carry out sanction screening to ensure compliance with company policies
- Clear ICE checks/sanctions uploads via sanctions systems
- Undertake AML due diligence and oversight in line with company procedures
- Provide ongoing monitoring to ensure compliance with the financial crime policies and procedures Provide the business with guidance on licensing and entity permissions
- Maintain Reinsurance database
- Maintain licence registrations and submit new applications as required by the business
- Support the business in completing KYC information
- Produce compliance and regulatory reports for internal governance groups
- Prepare and submit compliance regulatory reports
- Provide compliance induction training to all new joiners
- Liaise across all business units to provide regular updates on relevant compliance matters and develop business relationships
- Work with the compliance team to complete the initiatives outlined in the annual Compliance Plan Identify and implement solutions to streamline internal team processes
- Keep abreast of regulatory change, assessing impact and communicating to the business areas
Experience & knowledge required -
- Proven track record in Lloyd's and London Market Practices (and related International Lloyd's Standards);
- Knowledge of Lloyd's Principles for Business; and FCA/PRA regulatory framework, handbooks and approach.
- Commercial acumen and application of regulatory compliance;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Strong communication skills both written and oral;
- Relationship Building both internal and external;
- Professional business writing and presentation skills;
- Judgement and decision making;
- Project Management;
- Ability to act with due professional care, demonstrating sound integrity and confidentiality;
- Analytical - explores and understands trends, opportunities and risks that could affect the business.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.