Data Modelling, Data Architecture and Data Science - Portfolio Analytics, CUO Portfolio Management - London Market Insurance
My client is one of the strongest financial and insurance communities in the world, with a presence in over 70 countries and around 78 million private and corporate customers reliant on their knowledge, global reach and capital strength to help them make the most of financial opportunities and safeguard themselves against risks.
This role sits within the arm of the business responsible for corporate and specialist risk, servicing clients worldwide across the whole spectrum of corporate and industrial insurance.
In this role you will work closely with the Head of Analytics on a key strategic initiative for the business.
Design and implement strong Data Models and Pipelines across the various lines of business and regions in the organization in order to support advanced analytics within Portfolio Management.
- Create data models that enable strong Pricing Analytics and Business Intelligence reporting
- Develop an expert knowledge of the company's IT landscape, data and data systems
- Work with IT and other Analytics stakeholders to help productionise data flows from different internal and external data systems into a centralised data lake,
- Help to develop new data ingestion processes within our Cloud based platform to ensure that data can be properly leveraged in the future
- Optimize fuzzy merge processes between data systems where primary identifiers are missing to release intrinsic value of data
- Access internal and external data systems and digging into them to understand data structure, and developing data processing and cleaning algorithms to bring them into a central data warehouse
- Act as an expert to support the wider Portfolio Management team on data processing and coding best practices
- Experience working in a Data focused role
- History of Data Model design and implementation
- Significant experience in SQL
- Skills in data visualisation and interpretation
- Experience in data pipeline development, cleaning and bringing together multiple sources into a single productionised warehouse
- Strong knowledge of P&C insurance, ideally with some experience of working alongside Pricing teams
- Relishes problem solving, analysis and getting hands on digging into data issues
- Commercial experience in insurance, financial services or similar blue chip environment
- 5+ years' commercial experience
- Experience with Python, R, Spark SAS preferable
- A focus on P&C insurance pricing requirements
- Understanding of GIT style programming controls
- Some experience of Machine Learning and predictive modelling techniques a plus
- BSc, BEng or MSc level in a Numerical field, preferably with a strong focus on Computer Science or Data Engineering, or qualified by experience
- Independent and self-directed individuals that thrive when faced with challenge
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- Desire and ability to learn the business and become an expert in the industry
- Organized, self-motivated, results-oriented, and very resourceful
- Experience in an international working environment. Experience of working with colleagues located in different countries an advantage.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.