Due to continued growth, our client, a global leader in speciality re/insurance is seeking an experienced data protection professional to join their team, which sits within compliance.
Assisting the Head of Data Protection you will providing accurate, appropriate, timely and pragmatic data protection advice, striking a balance between legal/compliance requirements and the wider interests of the business.
- Conduct comprehensive Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Provide input to internal policies and procedures
- Assist with writing reports for the Data Protection Committee
- Conduct Legitimate Interest Assessments
- Conduct Transfer Impact Assessments
- Review data protection clauses in contracts
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Register of Processing Activities
- Assist with the provision of data protection training across the Group
- Draft data protection communications for the business
- Assist with data protection audits
- Research international data protection requirements
- Provide support in the preparation of responses to requests from data subjects to exercise their rights, including but not limited to Data Subject Access Requests
- Assist in maintaining and developing the data protection framework across the Group.
- Update the logs of Data Subject Access Requests, erasure requests, data breaches and near-misses
Skills and Experience Specification:
- A minimum of 3 years data protection and privacy experience in a fast-paced, professional environment
- CIPP/E, CIPM, ISEB or other privacy certification
- Good knowledge of GDPR, UK Data Protection Law
- Knowledge of International Data Protection Laws advantageous but not necessary.
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales imposed by legislation and business need
- Good analytical skills, including the ability to assess risk and impact from a privacy and data protection perspective
- Previous experience in a similar role within the insurance sector highly regarded
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.