My client is an insurance company based in United Kingdom. One of the largest insurers in the UK, they have multiple brands, products and distribution channels. These enable their customers to choose the right cover to protect their cars, homes, holidays, businesses and pets.
This role sits within a brand new part of the business, launched only in April of this year.
The team consists of true subject matter experts within their fields, and you will have the opportunity to grow with them as the team expands. The successful candidate will be reporting into the Head of InsureTech and work as senior part, within a flat structure, of the emerging Data Science team.
My client need a Senior Data Scientist to help push the boundary of modeling approaches to realize our ambition to build and deploy the best predictive insurance models and analyses ever created. This role is unlike any other at the business - or we believe any other Insurance company for that matter - as it is more akin to one at a start-up.
What you'll be doing:
You will be working with the very cutting edge of technology, and unlike some start-ups this is a well-funded, agile environment utilizing open source, emerging technologies and machine learning. The most advanced tech on the market will be available to you, and where what is available already isn't enough, we will build our own.
- We will look for you to contribute positively to the team and the process to continuously improve our solutions to business challenges
- Strive continuously to improve the impact and efficiency of all our modeling and prediction processes and techniques - new data, new techniques, and new use-cases
- Be part of a process of continual skills and knowledge development for you and the team, mentoring others and developing yourself
Key to us will be your desire to learn. This coupled with your Data Science background, agile way of thinking and dynamic personality will make you successful here. If you already have some insurance industry experience that's great, but you will be working alongside some of the best in the business who will share their knowledge and skills with you. We are looking for someone to make a real contribution in shaping the evolving business in its journey to provide easier and better value insurance.
You will bring your experience in data science and bold attitude to modeling approaches, ideally some within insurance:
- Strong academic background in Data Science, Mathematics or related field
- At least 3-5 commercial experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong Python skills
- Confidence in your technical skills, enough to challenge current business processes
- Use of a range of Machine Learning techniques
Nice to have:
- Commercially aware and possesses Business Acumen
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- XG Boost
- Panda's library
- Theoretical academic history - PhD in related area
- Data Wrangling and Data Cleaning
- Graphical processing on AWS
- Deep learning procedures on AWS
- Exposure to the Insurance industry: trading, pricing, underwriting
As well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits.
You can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
A competitive salary, which will grow as you do; pension 9% of your base salary; contribution and cash options; private medical insurance; attractive holiday entitlement; 50% off Home, Motor and Pet insurance; free Travel insurance; free breakdown cover; flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance; retail card, with discounts at big name retailers and discount scheme.
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.