One of the UK's largest Social Capital funds is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their London office. This unique role will give the successful applicant exposure to both public and private investments. You'll be working on projects to help create a fair society by improving the lives of people in the UK through investment. With over £2.5billion of private capital raised the Fund is looking to make even more investments that create an impact on people, generate returns for investors, and change the system.
- Undertake project work to support the development of the Fund and the finance function, including supporting the introduction of external social impact investing products
- Lead on the fundamental month and quarter-end processes. This will include the preparation or review of schedules for the 2 main investment portfolios, oversight of the transaction processing interaction with the depositary and custodian, assisting the Head of Fund Operations, and the production and development of management information.
- Prepare quarterly valuations of unquoted investments, working closely with the investment team.
- You will also support the fundamental month-end processes, including preparation or review of schedules for some of the following: bank, prepayments, fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, VAT, expenses, and credit cards.
- Support the running of statutory reporting and liaise with auditors to ensure accurate and timely completion of the year end process.
- Support preparation of annual tax returns and other tax requirements, liaising with external Tax advisers as required.
- Assist with the preparation of FCA reporting and other requirements.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, AC, CIMA or equivalent)
- 5 years experience in fund administration or fund accounting
- Development of management information and insightful analysis
- Sound and up to date knowledge of UK GAAP
- Excel modelling
- Social investment or Charity or not-for-profit organisation experience
- Knowledge of IPEV valuation guidelines
- Knowledge of the AIC SORP
This is an excellent opportunity for any experienced fund accountant to be exposed to both the daily financial process and exciting project work that strives to make a difference to some of the most vulnerable in our society. The role provides a high level of access to senior management within the finance function as well as a number of external stakeholders. With only 2 days required in the office per week, the role offers a high level of flexibility.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.