Our client manages a broad range of investments which include varied asset mix and unsecured loans, residential and commercial loans (performing and non-performing), direct real estate, shipping assets etc. and have a number of offices located across Europe.
They do currently have operations in Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Cyprus and the Iberia region, and currently employ around 100 people across those locations.The group structure includes asset management, portfolio management, finance, IT, legal and compliance teams.
The firm is seeking a diligent individual to be responsible for the financial control of investments for the group of firms.
The key purpose is to act as the lead finance person for a portfolio of investments to maximise returns for investors, whilst minimising operational risk.
The role holder must feel confident that all financial control processes are robust and correctly executed. They should ensure that those responsible for the overall management of the investment are supplied with the financial tools, advice and data to effectively run their investments on a day to day basis and in the longer term.
This role will also ensure that financial compliance (including tax and regulatory reporting) is to the highest standard and that financial data is absolutely accurate and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all legal entities have books and records accurately maintained
- Ensure that there is a system of controls in place, documented and used to minimise financial risks including:
1. Misstatement of management information
2. Misappropriation of funds
3. Cash transfer errors
- Monthly and quarterly management accounts produced on a timely basis for the managers of the fund and for fund statutory reporting
- Accurate reporting supplied to Asset Management and Portfolio Management on time and in agreed format.
- Accurate statutory annual and quarterly accounts produced and delivered in the relevant GAAP (German, IFRS) on a timely basis.
- Co-ordinate with tax advisors to ensure deadlines are respected for legal entities.
- Accurate tax returns (including VAT) produced for local purposes on a timely basis.
- Ensure tax position is correctly being reported in financial accounting.
Third Party Reporting
- Manage the relationship for the third-party lending with facility agents and cash managers.
- Create the reporting packs to be provided to third party lenders on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Third party loans managed in accordance with documentation.
- Third party lending reports produced accurately and on time.
- Other regulatory returns produced and delivered on a timely basis.
Cash Management and Senior Fund Reporting
- Payments authorised, made accurately and on time
- Senior funding of any investment managed in accordance with documentation
- Senior funding reports produced accurately and on time
- Assistance given to the Deal Teams (internal and group wide) to assist in all stages of the investment cycle from due diligence, execution, funding, collections and disposal
Experience and Technical Knowledge
- At least 7-10 years’ relevant post qualification experience, within financial services at Financial Controller level.
- Strong preference for experience with real estate structures
- Ideally 2-4 years in a CPA/big 4 firm
- Understanding of tax requirements in a variety of European jurisdictions with focus on Germany
- Strong understanding of legal structures and consolidation accounting.
- Strong understanding of Leveraged structures managing waterfalls for third party financers
- Knowledge of German GAAP is essential
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/ other European GAAP an advantage
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent professional education like Bilanzbuchhalter/-in
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
- Professional Qualification ACA, ACCA, WP, StB an advantage
- Strong communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use Excel efficiently to achieve objectives
- Able to prioritise, work to deadlines and oversee a multitude of tasks
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- Exceptional team player
- Highly dedicated, flexible and committed
- Willing to increase experience on IT tools like SAGE, OCR and Kyriba
- Process oriented
For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Mouna Kaess | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +44 207 092 3229