My client is looking for a Senior Full Stack Data Service Developer to build the initial implementation of a new Data Service to the Bank's requirements, and to ensure it's flexible enough to support any number of future use cases.
The role will be based in the IT Department, which is located in the London headquarters building.
The Developer will work closely with the Delivery Manager, Business Analysts, Architecture and IT teams.
- Initial implementation of the Data Service, supporting:
- Inbound trade feeds from Summit;
- Outbound trade feeds (via REST API's) to risk systems;
- A NoSQL backend;
- Integration into the Bank's security infrastructure;
- Data transformation processes (such as XML to JSON) and data validation processes;
- Data schema evolution;
- Subsequent data take-ons and associated REST API's;
- Quality, documented, unit-tested code and the tools to build, deploy and support it (within the Banks existing CI / CD frameworks where possible);
- Configuration of QA infrastructure to support the Data Service, and documentation to allow the same infrastructure to be deployed to production.
- The Bank shall not seek to exercise any direction, control, or supervision over the Consultant's working methods in the provision of services. Within the scope of services, the Consultant shall complete their work in adherence to relevant Bank policies, processes and standards.
- As a deliverable the consultant will ensure this scope of services is successfully transitioned to a Third Party Provider and the knowledge transfer complete
Knowledge and experience
- Proven experience of designing and building a REST-based Data Service in a Financial Services environment (ideally a commercial or investment bank);
- 5+ years' experience as a full-stack developer (Java / Node.js). .net skills a bonus;
- Experience with micro-service architecture in banking;
- Expert knowledge of no-SQL databases (MongoDB / CosmosDB, ideally both), including performance tuning;
- Knowledge of JSON, FPML, XSLT, XSD's and experience of lossless transformation of FPML to other formats;
- Experience of data modelling;
- Knowledge of data flows in a banking environment (trade data, settlement data, static data, market data, etc.);
- Capable of defining, documenting and enforcing development standards, leading code reviews, etc.;
- Ability to work autonomously or as a dev lead in a small development team.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.