An entrepreneurial asset management consultancy business is looking to appoint a senior accountant into its fund finance team based near Reading. This is a newly created position as a result of the explosive growth the company has been experiencing which has seen its client portfolio nearly triple in size over the last year. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising two juniors and will report directly to an experienced fund finance manager.
You'll be joining a business in its early stages and as a result, your day to day responsibilities will be vast and go beyond just the technical accounting side of the role. Ideally, you're someone who likes to go above and beyond adding value in areas such as process implementations and improvements, development of junior members of the team and supporting across ad-hoc projects.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Acting as a key point of contact for your portfolio client
- Reviewing work produced by junior accountants including management accounts, transactions, bank reconciliations, and GL reconciliations
- Production of liquidity reporting
- IRR calculations
- Oversight of the preparation of drawdown and distribution notices for funds
- Reviewing completed VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Reviewing quarterly investor reports
- Acting as a key point of contact for various third parties including auditors, tax advisors and lawyers
Our requirements include:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) is preferred although finalists will also be considered (i.e. one or two exams remaining - for which study support is provided)
- Strong financial reporting experience which includes statutory accounts production, ideally within a financial services setting although other backgrounds will be considered (i.e. accountancy practice)
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Entrepreneurially minded with an eye for adding value
There is plenty of progression and professional development on offer for the right candidate and you'll be joining a business that has adopted a 'new school' approach to providing work life balance and flexibility. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer accompanied by a discretionary bonus paid annually.
Please apply online for immediate consideration or get in touch directly with Thomas Davenport at Eames Consulting for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.