A fast-growing credit and private debt fund managing a range of public and private fund strategies is urgently looking for a senior fund accountant or fund controller level individual to join their sociable funds finance team. Owing to successful fund launches, their infrastructure team is expanding headcount having already doubled in size in the last few years. With a supportive and flexible working environment, this would be an ideal move for an experienced individual looking to capitalise on their technical experiences in a firm that can almost guarantee career progression.
The role will include responsibility for the following:
- Review and approval of monthly NAVs and investor reporting requirements completed by the third-party Fund Administrators and oversight of their service functions.
- Reviewing pricing for release to investors.
- Valuation control testing including back testing, quote testing, portfolio review for reporting to valuation committees.
- Reconciliation of intra month P&L and performance metrics for internal reporting.
- Manage third party service providers such as Fund Administrators, FX counterparties, Auditors, AIFMs in the UK, Luxembourg & the US.
- Liaise closely with internal and external operations team to ensure accurate portfolio data is recorded internally and externally.
- Annual financial reporting: liaising with the fund auditors to manage an efficient year end reporting process. Supervision and review of the annual financial statements.
- Produce monthly reporting summary / performance by fund including CLOs.
- Assist in on-boarding of new fund or managed accounts as they arise.
- Assist Investor reporting with timely query resolution.
- Billing management fees for externally administrated SMAs, management fee review, rebates and invoicing to ensure timely payments.
- Prepare materials for quarterly Advisory Board & Risk Committee meetings.
- Maintain financial processes in line with best practice, add value where possible and work closely with Risk, Legal and Compliance teams to determine and implement procedures in response to new regulations.
- Enhance current control processes, including the use of systems to automate and streamline procedures, and maintain procedures documentation accordingly.
- Qualified Accountant (essential) with experience working either in-house OR in fund services across credit, direct lending, hedge or private debt. Experience on either open and/or closed-ended funds desirable.
- Understanding of IFRS financial reporting for investment funds. Beneficial to also have experience of Lux and/or US GAAP.
- Familiarity with Luxembourg (and Cayman) structures and accounting related matters.
- A confident, self-starter capable of dealing with senior stakeholders, with other support functions and various outsourced partners.
- Knowledgeable in market best practice in valuation techniques, accounting policies and work processes.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication, influencing and resource management skills.
- Eager to work in a rapidly changing environment and able to implement change in their function.
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement to date and be able to articulate how this role fits into their personal career plan.
Salary on offer is open with flexibility to tweak the role to suit people in the £70-90,000 base salary range plus a healthy discretionary bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.