A large 'brand name' global asset manager with strategies spanning private equity, real estate, private debt and infrastructure is looking for a driven, motivated and commercially minded Senior Fund Controller for a newly created role in their London office.
The firm are an instantly recognisable company with a leading position globally in several market, with this role aligned to their European (and Global) infrastructure funds range. Working as part of a c10 person team in a key leadership role overseeing more junior colleagues, this role would suit someone coming from a larger fund with experience on the deal / transaction support side.
Responsibilities will include:
- Take the lead on deals from a non investment perspective, working with front office from the point of execution through to on-boarding deals onto the platform and working through the full investment lifecycle.
- Treasury management and capital planning for various products, budgeting and forecasting for the funds including optimising the FX and hedging requirements and managing investor drawdown and distributions.
- Raising, negotiation and ongoing management of fund financing facilities with financial institutions.
- Responsibility for key stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Provide accounting consultation and advice to the business and asset finance teams.
- Present at Fund and subsidiary Board Meetings in terms of financial analysis.
- Very high-level financial oversight of investor reporting, financial statements and alike (all heavily outsourced).
- Oversee the co-ordination of ad hoc reporting or responses to individual questions or due diligence requests from Investors.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant - ACA, CA or equivalent - with around 5 years PQE or thereabouts and excellent academics.
- Experience in-house in a real assets type fund, ie: infrastructure, private equity or real estate and this is essential given the specific non-finance experiences needed in the position.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to understand complex structures and transactions and juggle multiple and conflicting deadlines.
- Energetic and ambitious with excellent communication skills and the ability to drive change and influence stakeholders on different levels.
- Keen to develop a longer term career with a leading global financial institution.
Salary in offer is around £100-120k base as a guide in addition to a healthy and above market bonus and hybrid working arrangement.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.