My client, one of the globe's leading specialty insurers, is seeking an Information Security Manager to head up its security practice out of their New York office as they see strong growth in their US operations.
This is a long-term opportunity that will seek to kick off a 3-5 year programme of resetting and developing the security function globally, with a view to attracting candidates who wish to step into a full-time CISO role in future that will report into the board.
The successful Information Security Manager will:
- Develop a Risk-based approach to security globally. Baseline current state; conduct gap analysis and produce a roadmap for improvement before delivering this across the Group
- Define roles and responsibilities globally that will mitigate security risk sustainably.
- Be able to operate at a global level across various jurisdictions, specifically: US, Bermuda and UK regulatory environments.
- Have experience identifying risks as an organisation moves from on-prem to Cloud.
The successful Information Security Manager will likely:
- Have more than 7 years' experience in an information security-specific role, preferably from and insurance or financial services background.
- Come from a predominantly Microsoft environment, or at least be very familiar with this stack.
- Have a demonstrable track-record of approaching information security from a risk perspective.
- Be ambitious enough to want to deliver this long-term programme in time and to budget with a view to taking on a strategic CISO role as the company grows
If are interested in finding out more or think you match the criteria above, please submit a CV ASAP
Key words: information security, CISO, it, technology, security playbook, operational security, access management, firewalls, data leakage, patching, encryption, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, recertification, SOC, SIEM, CISMP, CISSP, CISM, GPEN, database administration, DLP, data loss prevention, ISO 27001 / NIST / NCSC / Mitre, banking, financial services, insurance, reinsurance, Bermuda, new York, united states
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.