- Oversee and direct activities of an audit team to conduct audit reviews of business and support functions of the bank in an effective manner to assure the effectiveness of their system of internal controls.
- Liaise with the heads of other departments and sections on controversial audit issues and explain the risk implementations of major audit findings and suggest with an aim to safeguard the bank’s interests in various aspects.
- Provide advisory service to add value in the development of products and services to safeguard the bank from significant risks.
- Help developing and implementing effective audit methodologies / tools for the section.
- Promote an appropriate control culture within the bank and assure that relevant key control measures are undertaken to minimize the risk exposure of the bank.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with, and presenting a professional image of the unit to business and support unit of the bank, external auditors and regulators.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to the team members for maintaining a high performing professional audit team.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business administration, finance, accounting or relevant disciplines.
- Holder of CPA, CIA AHKIB or other relevant professional qualifications.
- At least 10 years of audit experience in financial institutions or public accounting firms, with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Sound auditing skills in general banking.
- Good business acumen with knowledge of banking business and operations.
- Strong communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Maintain high level of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and competency.
- Good command of written & spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.