A Senior IT Business Analyst is required within a leading financial firm to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting projects.
What will the role involve?
- Supporting the IT Business Analysis Manager to deliver business projects and initiatives on time and within budget by understanding the business need and responding with the necessary business, systems and data requirements analysis.
- Analysis, elicitation, presentation, validation and socialisation of requirements to business and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of the requirements and the goals/objectives of what needs to be delivered to the business.
- Working alongside the respective Technology Product Owner(s) to embed Agile best practices and participating in Agile ceremonies such as backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint planning and review meetings, retrospectives and sprint demonstrations/playback sessions.
- Building and maintaining effective, collaborative, credible working relationships and active communication channels with all stakeholders. Be the conduit of information between different teams and responding to questions from any stakeholder credibly.
- Performing analysis on existing platforms and databases/sources related to the project to collaborate effectively with Architects and Technical Leads in-house and from 3rd parties, to collaborate on solution options to meet the business requirements.
- Works with Business Analysis team members to maintain a business Outcomes backlog, break down Outcomes into high-level epics and stories, provide content during analysis, contribute to the elaboration & acceptance criteria of epics and stories, and lead communication of the epics and stories to the team.
- Actively resolve/mitigate risks/issues/events which may affect project delivery and ensuring the expectations by internal and external stakeholders are managed accordingly.
- Providing accurate business correspondence and documentation that is coherent, factually and grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Supporting the QA and UAT teams to ensure thorough understanding of requirements as well as providing advice or clarification on any issues raised during test cycles.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal and external customers and recognises when issues/events may affect delivery and takes action to mitigate.
- Help and guide junior members of the team to be more productive
What knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of Equities and/or Fixed Income instruments, related market data, index/benchmark products design, portfolio management and how indices are used by financial institutions.
If this role could be of interest to you, please apply with an up to date version of your CV.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.