Our client is a leading Life Insurance company and has a strong regional presence.
About the role;
The candidate is required to review and draft legal documentation for all business units. Additionally, they will be responsible for providing legal support and advice with regards to the relevant insurance products, new business initiatives and development of the company.
- Provide legal advice to all business units and departments
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documents
- Analyze and advise on the legal impact of new or changes in existing legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines concerning the businesses and operation of the Company
- Identify material legal risks and provide practical solutions to the Company
- Review and update existing internal policies and procedures, manuals and guidelines in view of the changing legal environment to the extent that the businesses and operation of the Company are concerned
- Liaise with and instruct external lawyers on a wide range of legal and compliance issues. Monitor quality of legal services provided by external lawyers
- Handle any other legal-related responsibilities and ad-hoc assignments assigned by the General Counsel.
- Qualified Hong Kong lawyer with at least 8 years post qualification experience in and from life insurance companies is highly preferred.
- Familiar with Insurance Companies Ordinance, Securities and Futures Ordinance, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, Companies Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Exposure to investment trusts as well as related corporate and securities experience is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills