Our client, a global insurance and reinsurance specialist is seeking a seasoned financial crime professional to join their growing team. As the Senior Manager you will lead Financial Crime oversight activity, including undertaking thematic reviews of systems and controls as part of the Market oversight plan.
- Support the leadership and management of Compliance and the delivery of our strategic goals.
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for management and mitigation of Financial Crime risk.
- Conduct planned thematic reviews and assurance
- Monitor activities and transactions to identify trends, gaps or emerging risks.
- Provide strategic oversight (including appropriate assurance testing and thematic reviews) of the activities in respect of Financial Crime.
- Gather appropriate management information, as part of the overall governance framework addressing Financial Crime risk
- Provide support to the Head of Financial Crime and MLRO, through the provision of technical expertise, advice and guidance to the Society.
- In each case appropriately identifying and reporting on the management and mitigation of Financial Crime threats.
Experience & knowledge required
- A strong understanding of how to apply a risk-based approach to identification and management of Financial Crime risks, including sampling methodology.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practice of insurance and reinsurance business in the UK and around the world, including a sound understanding of legal frameworks, risks and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of effective risk management frameworks and operating risk control processes.
- Experience of planning and delivering thematic reviews and deep dives in relation Financial Crime risks, including drafting reports, recommendations and presenting results in person.
- Experience of delivering effective challenge and influencing change.
- The ability to analyse, understand, manage, develop and implement solutions and processes involving complex information.
- The ability to lead project teams of professionals on complex issues and highly effective at building collaborative teams across organisations.
- Existing project management/leadership experience would be an advantage
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Results orientation, meeting deadlines
- Sound judgement and decision making
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.