A hugely commercial and client facing opportunity for an experienced Senior Manager from the Big 4 or Top 10 to join this well-known and phenomenally successful fund services business in a key leadership position. With year on year double figures growth since launching, this firm has a solid and impressive client base across a myriad of property, real estate, private equity, infrastructure, venture capital funds and alike, with an entrepreneurial, down to earth and collaborative working culture.
Owing to growth in their client base, this role has been newly created to take on management of a large team of fund accountants (via several direct reports), effectively operating as the number 2 to the head of their London fund services division.
This role would suit someone from a large professional services firm with relevant funds management client exposure who is keen to move into industry within a client facing and strategic role; little to no hands-on accounting will be involved and this role would appeal to someone keen to escape this sort of role.
Responsibilities will include growing the UK real estate business by seeking out new opportunities direct from new clients or via intermediaries. You'll also be responsible for servicing and managing a portfolio of real estate funds and structures and for management of a large client servicing team of fund accountants. Services provided to clients typically include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under multiple GAAPs or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, and other day to day fund-related functions. Your role will be to provide high-level review on more technical areas and act as the main point of contact for clients.
Additionally you'll be responsible for ensuring group processes are implemented in the real estate team across all clients and will actively contribute to the London office as a senior member of the leadership team. Fundamentally you'll be there to provide best in class service and apply a continuous process improvement mindset.
- Qualified accountant - likely ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Direct experience working in a client-facing role in a professional services firm
- Exposure to closed and open ended fund structures as well as SPVs, likely gained via relevant clients in Audit, Assurance, Advisory or similar
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in managing, mentoring and motivating teams and individuals
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business
- Self-starter - always takes the initiative
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.