Our client are a Global Metals Trading, Procurement and Supply Chain group with a substantial APAC presence and well established regional HQ in Singapoire. They have an exciting new requirement for a Senior Market Risk professional to help optimise their existing risk management structures and systems in support of a highly successful base metals trading division.This is an exceptional opportunity for a confident and articulate market risk expert to make a significant impact. Our client can offer fast moving, dynamic work environment along with significant, long term career potential. You will ideally be familiar with quantitiative methods and be proficient in Python usage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Applying Market Risk concepts, models, instruments and exposures (time spreads, basis risk, non linear products)
- Developing Market Risk models
- Validating model perameters and performance
- Helping to develop in house Trading Systems and solutions by incorporating market risk models.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current industry trends and help articulate to the business
- Hosting training workshops for commercial and non commercial staff
- A minimum of 8 years market risk experience is required within commodities (mining, commodity trading, banking)
- Masters degree level (or higher) within a mechanics based subject - Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Physics, Applied Finance
- Exposure to Front Office trading positions
- Coding abilities in Python and Excel is preferred
- Intuitive, entrepreneurial mindset
If you are interested in this role please contact Simon Bradbury - firstname.lastname@example.org