Our client is a leading International insurance company. They are currently looking to hire a manager for their operational risk team.
About the role;
This role will report to the Deputy Chief Risk Officer and cover risk reporting and analysis. Key areas of focus would be producing risk reports for senior executives, ongoing risk analytics development, periodic risk themes and trends identification, promoting a risk aware culture and increasing risk awareness.
- Scope out and implement the Operational Risk Management Program throughout the Asia division ensuring processes are sustainable once implemented.
- Influence the Senior Leadership team of the various businesses by communicating program requirements and value proposition to gain the support needed to implement the program.
- Train Business Unit resources to implement the operational risk management program within their Business Unit.
- Working closely with the country Chief Risk Officers, play a leadership and advisory role to help the Business Units assess the best way to implement the operational risk management program.
- Review and challenge risk information provided along with the associated mitigation actions.
- Ensure key operational risk exposures are reported and escalated to management, divisional risk management and that mitigating actions are identified and taken as appropriate.
- Transition from program implementation to risk oversight focus as program is implemented.
- Risk management, audit, operations, compliance or technology background with 10+ years of experience
- In depth understanding of operational procedures at financial institution (preferably insurance).
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, and validating the effectiveness of operational controls.
- Solid working knowledge of enterprise and operational risk management frameworks and processes.
- Proven leadership skills, along with strong program and project management capabilities and experience.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in providing presentations and conducting facilitation sessions.
- Strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with Business
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.