To support enhanced oversight over the region’s management of Regulatory Compliance (“RC”) risk through development of and support for periodic functional reviews of Asia compliance teams, in accordance with a risk based model and in support of global RC assurance’s model. To plan, prepare, lead and report on such assurance reviews.
(Candidate with at least 14 years of relevant experience, mix of compliance advisory in a bank, internal audit type roles in a bank or compliance testing, with experience internal audit in Big 4 (not external audit) and or from a regulator background would be an added advantage for example MAS, HKMA/SFC etc. Financial reporting, risk role and valuation type roles are not considered relevant experience.Experience in writing internal audit type reports, not just writing reports.
Some knowledge of compliance/regulatory environment and banking products (private banking, retail banking wealth management, commercial banking and global banking and market)
Impact on the business:
- To carry out reviews of ASP RC functions in accordance with the planned review schedule;
- To provide RC subject matter expertise and support for the ASP RC assurance team, working with the team to identify adverse trends, poor controls and systemic risks.
- Draft and issue reports of each functional review;
- Record and track the implementation of review recommendations;
- Produce MI in relation to the reviews undertaken.
Customers / stakeholders
- Regional heads of RC
- Regional business line heads of RC
- Global compliance
- Group audit
- Asia risk
- Country heads of RC
- Country managers
Leadership and teamwork
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to guide and direct other members of the team
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to act proactively
- Collaborate and foster good relations with other compliance teams
Operational effectiveness & control
- Using intelligence gained through assurance work, use creativity and innovation to propose new/revised RC policies/standards and help provide solutions for complex global issues/initiatives in an ever-changing, high-risk environment.
- Provide support with oversight of the monitoring and implementation of global RC controls, ensuring consistency and integration with the operational risk framework, where appropriate.
- Provide support with the monitoring of adherence to the RC elements of the relevant FIMs.