The position is an experienced business development role with deep industrial experience in Renewable Energy (RE) industry namely solar, wind and hydro to drive sales and business engagement. The leader should possess operational, project and maintenance know-how of RE companies with focus on solar domain. The leader will need to have good sense of digital transformation and industrial IoT understanding. He/she must possess collaborative leadership in a multinational and multicultural setting as a self-starter for collaboration with:
- External clients to understand their pains, requirements while creating demand
- External local partner for leads and eventually delivery
- Internal Solution Architects to develop viable proposal for clients
- Internal Domain leaders to develop relevant products
- Internal IoT Platform team to develop domain applications and solutions
The leader is expected to exercise consultative selling approach during initial customer engagement and gradually develop into trusted advisor level. He/she is expected to be resourceful and independent to create demand and streamline solutions at initial stage before passing it to solutions architect for detail proposal.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of professional experience relevant to RE industry with a focus on solar
- Understanding and experience in hydro, wind and power grid is a plus
- Proven experience of sales, business development and account management
- Strong account mapping ability to deal key stakeholders at different level
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and manage stretched assignments.
- Highly resourceful and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivated with high quality and ethical standards for themselves and others.
- Ability to function effectively and decisively in sometimes fluid or ambiguous situations.
- A strong team players and collaborative in nature
- Solid analytical and consulting skills with good knowledge of industry best practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create business development strategy and drive the business plan
- Pursue new opportunities and create demand actively
- Present value messaging effectively to customers with solutions selling mindset.
- Respond to tender opportunities and lead pursuit strategy which include local partnership.
- Seek & establish deep understanding of the client’s business across all client stakeholders
- Establish trusted advisor client relationships to enable mutual growth in the future
- Identify goals and deliverables with appropriate budgets for a particular project opportunity.
- Establish and refine processes where required to manage accounts efficiently.
- Local and international travel for client engagements and internal meetings
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.