Due to an internal promotion this global reinsurer are seeking a seasoned risk professional to join their London based EMEA risk function. Reporting to the Executive Risk Director the Senior Manager will take the lead on implementing, monitoring and reporting upon an effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework, while working with their global risk function to take the lead on their EMEA Operational Resilience framework.
Key responsibilities include -
- Is the subject matter expert in EMEA for Operational Risk which includes Risk and Control SelfAssessments (RCSA) and Operational Resilience activities.
- Leads and embeds the assessment of risk and controls identification throughout UK, Continental Europe, Middle East, and South Africa including risk incident reporting, key risk indicators (KRI) and RCSAs.
- Works with and challenges the risk and control owners' assessments on a regular basis.
- Works with risk management software tools to produce risk management information such as dashboards and risk monitoring metrics.
- Works together with EMEA Risk leads to ensure that risk management policies and practices are in place that address all relevant risks facing the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate and necessary risk related communications and training to all business unit risk stakeholders.
- Provides the necessary training and communications required for all risk stakeholders and roles.
- Participates in special projects, committees, and meetings as required.
- Helps to further develop our ERM framework. This includes participating in global projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Proven hands on Risk Management experience in Re/Insurance or Financial services.
- Post-graduate or professional qualifications. e.g. Institute of Risk Management
- 7-10+ years of Risk Management experience combined with an awareness of latest technical trends and techniques in risk management
- Experience in developing or maintaining an ERM framework and working with and implementing Key Risk Indicators; Risk control assessments, Operational loss, Incident, Near Miss processes and developing Risk Management Information and reporting metrics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to resolve complex risk management issues in a collaborative manner
- Some international work-related travel required (where and when relevant and permitted)
- Advanced ability of understanding risk factors affecting life insurance business.
- Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, including leading meetings with senior management.
- Highly advanced investigative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working in a matrix structure with many different stakeholders.
- Highly advanced ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Broad business knowledge.
- Able to work autonomously as part of a global team and also manage time zone scheduling challenges.
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets and presentation software
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.