Global Financial Services organisation with a global presence are looking to expand their Technology team based in the City due to this they now require a Senior Network Engineer.
Established in the 1970's, over 2500 employees globally and a turnover in excess of £2BN, niche player within the Financial world.
The engineer will be responsible for analysing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. Perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. Provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.).
- Configure, setup and troubleshoot Cisco and Meraki switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Configure, setup and troubleshoot AWS and Azure cloud networking components.
- Configure, setup and troubleshoot Citrix Netscaler load balancers.
- Design, document, setup and configure complex network environments.
- Design, setup and configure wireless networks.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Wide Area and Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, etc.
- Work with Application Development teams when designing a new platform.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as computer science.
- Current CCNP certification.
- Strong Network experience.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP, routers, switches, firewalls, Citrix NetScaler, cloud systems, Cisco ISE, Zscaler
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN, Firewalls and access policies
Excellent package on offer including great career progression
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.