Senior security and network engineer
This fast growing bank has developed from a trust to now providing a range of financial services to over 200,000 customers. The plans to continue their exponential growth has led to the demand to develop their network and security infrastructure. The senior security and network engineer leading this will be taking on the task of making necessary security changes to the network currently managed by a third party. This will effectively be a greenfield project where the ideal senior security and network engineer will be able to leave their mark.
- Take ownership of the major changes to the IT operations with the ability to make your mark on a basic infrastructure to bring the network security in house and have more control over.
- Manage the transition and improvements of security systems from a third party vendor to ensure a more robust and cost effective posture is in place
- Have exceptional communication skills in order to explain the necessary developments to ensure effective collaboration with other teams.
- Taking on a mentorship role to junior members of the team to ensure they are able to adapt to the fast changing environment.
The senior security and network engineer will have:
- A strong knowledge of using Palo Alto and Sophos XG firewalls
- Strong knowledge in Azure networking.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Meraki infrastructure
- Good knowledge of operating systems - Windows client and Server, and Linux
- Comfortable with advanced PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge & experience of SIEM solutions such as Azure Sentinel, Splunk Enterprise Security
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.