The role is accountable for the implementation of operational risk management in line with the OR Framework. This includes oversight and monitoring of front to back operational risk profile of the CCIB business, working with 1st line of defence to identify material risks requiring management attention.
- To manage and monitor operational risks and controls within the CCIB business to be consistent with the Group’s Operational Risk Framework and Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Ensure the Operational Risk Management Framework is effectively embedded and implemented within CCIB including all its supporting functions and in line with the Bank’s Risk Appetite.
- Independently manage, monitor and challenge the accuracy and completeness of CCIB operational risk profile, its corresponding control activities within CCIB the front to back processes, and remediation actions by the 1st line of defence.
- Review and assess the key control environment including, but not limited to the control design, control execution, and control testing. Review the root cause analysis for control lapses and design effectiveness of controls by the 1st line to manage all material risks with risk appetite.
- Ensure the quality of Root Cause Analysis of operational events. Ensure all operational events, control gaps and audit findings are escalated to Group in a timely manner
- Review and challenge the effectiveness of the Key Risk Indicators, Control testing plans and metrics.
- Review change and new product proposals, advise on their appropriateness with respect to the operational processes and controls, its supporting technological infrastructure and overall risk appetite.
- Recommend changes to operational processes to support profitable but controlled development of new business and products. Provide a balanced and informed assessment of all people, technology & operational risks arising from acquisitions or major change initiatives or projects within the Country.
- Understand local and regional markets, conduct lesson learnt review from internal and external incidents to identify emerging risks and recommend control improvements as necessary
- Conduct annual stress testing and scenario programme with guidance from Group specialists, for operational risk [as part of ICAAP], review the results and assess their implications.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Graduate
- At least 6 years of Operational Risk management experience or Internal Audit; ideally from a financial institution
- Experience in liaising with internal and external business partners and regulatory bodies
- Problem solver and must be able to take ownership to independently challenge 1st line of defence while maintaining an effective working relationship.
- Knowledge of Commercial Banking suite of products and services would be an advantage