Leading global re/insurer are seeking an experienced and solution focused risk professional to join their growing business services entity. Reporting to Head of Risk, you will work closely with the business on Risk Management, Assurance and Compliance activities for both the central model while supporting the group entities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and analysis to support risk strategy, appetite, limits and tolerance development in line with objectives
- Analysis, monitoring and reporting on the aggregated risk profile, ensuring that all risks are assessed, and analysed, and actions are set to remediate areas which are outside of appetite or failing requisite standards.
- Be an active member of the risk management team providing challenge to other areas of the business; including provision of advice and assistance
- Interpret information to assist the Head of risk in forming a view of the our risk profile; against operational and service dimensions. This will include leading and documenting regular risk reviews, writing risk report and a opinions, and may include review of the external environment
- Deliver and manage accurate, thoughtful, detail-oriented work within tight deadlines
- Presenting information effectively to internal and external stakeholders and internal governance forums will be expected
- Assist in dealing with compliance needs that arise, and engage with other business entities and functions on relevant compliance issues
- Assist with the operation of the GRC system
- Work with other parts of the Risk team across all entities: Risk assurance of central services; Privacy and Security Assurance; GRC application management and management of the internal control framework including quality assurance; JSoX testing support and control.
Requirements & Experience:
- Experience with Central Service models and Operational Risk management are desirable
- Prior experience in risk management (1st or 2nd line), internal or external audit, compliance, etc. This does not necessarily need to include Insurance experience, although this may be of an advantage.
- Professional risk management qualification desirable
- Ability to take direction from the Head of Risk, but also to work independently and to manage ad-hoc requests from the first line
- Confidence to challenge
- Strong people skills: motivation, Empowering others, engaging and inspiring each other, building capability, being visible, enabling change
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management; timetable management, resource allocation
- Partnership: Building relationships, leveraging collective efforts and collaboration, creating an inclusive environment, influencing, communicating effectively
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.