Senior Traded Credit Risk Manager needed for a global bank.
- Provide risk coverage of Global Markets activities of responsible product areas and Asia Pacific sites from a default risk perspective, working in conjunction with Traded Risk Controls, country risk teams, Front Office, Customer Groups and other support and control functions
- Ensure adequate risk visibility and control frameworks to enable identification of inappropriate positions and activities in traded credit risk. Ensure that these positions are escalated to the right level of management
- Avoidance of inappropriate losses due to credit default on positions that have not been identified and escalated appropriately for responsible product areas and Asia Pacific sites
- Provide traded credit risk input and signoff on product due diligence and transaction approval for responsible product areas as appropriate
- Work with Traded Risk Control team to ensure compliance with the traded credit risk target operating framework for responsible product areas and Asia Pacific sites
- A degree in Finance, Risk management or relevant quantitative discipline
- Strong understanding in the Global Markets products, particularly in financial derivatives.
- Deep knowledge in counterparty exposure measurement principles.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up the function across the regional sites.
- Understand and interpret complex business requirements.
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess risks in dynamic financial market environment.