Due to a sustained profitability and an ambitious growth plan this innovative and worldwide operating insurance firm is looking for a Senior Underwriter, to join their international branch, based in Barcelona.
They offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, modern offices in top central locations, as well as a flexible and international working environment in combination with an experienced, dynamic and very international team.
As a Financial Lines Senior Underwriter, based in their Barcelona office you will be employed by the European legal entity. As such, you will form part of a dynamic team of professionals that focus on developing the regional portfolios. You will directly report to the Financial Lines Manager and, after an initial in-house training, carry out selection, analysis, and pricing of new and renewal policies, as well as negotiate the insurance terms and conditions with brokers and insurers in order to issue the final contractual documentation. You will be key in helping build profitable relationships with brokers and insurers and your role will fully support and comply with the company’s objectives and standards.
- Cultivate and maintain broker relations
- Analyse data relating to an account: study financial, regional/national economic trends and industry conditions in the assigned underwriting discipline
- Negotiate with brokers
- Follow Underwriting guidelines and submit underwriting, pricing and negotiation recommendations to the Financial Lines Manager
- Represent Tokio Marine HCC and our products to brokers, clients and other external parties.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Manage and grow the book of business
- Coordinate and/or participate in special projects
- Attend off-site conferences, trade shows, seminars and meetings
- (BA or MA) Degree in Business Administration, Law, Economics or similar
- Native or fluent Dutch and fluent English (high level) a must. Additional languages a plus.
- Has a strong reputation in the Financial Lines market
- Entrepreneurial with excellent commercial skills
- Good negotiation skills and communicator
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership
- High capabilities for analysis and synthesis
- Able to work well under stress
If you are interested in the described role, please apply below or contact me directly for a confidential discussion - Mouna Kaess: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 2070923229