Our client, a multinational leading insurer is looking for an experienced PI Underwriter to join their team based in London. This role would involve writing predominantly construction PI for large corporate businesses across the UK and internationally on both an XS and primary layer basis.
- Underwrite Professional Indemnity risks within a given authority limit
- Build and maintain strong relationships with brokers both face to face and via telephone correspondence
- Develop the book of business by working closely with the Head of PI on strategy and underwriting a profitable portfolio of risks
- Underwrite both renewal and new Construction PI business
- Develop the portfolio into a primary lead account in a market where rates are beginning to rise
- Extensive UK Construction professional indemnity experience
- Strong broker relationships across the PI market
- Desire to own a primary market account following growth targets from a current XS layer book
This role suits an experienced underwriter who is keen to develop their portfolio management skills as well as specialise in an area of professions. This company market platform has extensive growth plans with regards to multiple lines of business, thus you would be provided with strong investment by the business.
If you currently work as an underwriter within a Lloyd’s or company market insurer and are interested in building on your underwriting authority and act as a pivotal role in a small team then please get in touch with me directly.