As a well respected brand in the Singapore general insurance sector, this organisation is seeking to add an additional Senior Underwriter (Financial Lines) to their team.
This role will see you identify and underwrite profitable accounts within underwriting limits under direction and guidance of the Financial Lines Underwriting Manager. You will need to service existing clients whilst maintaining relationships with key brokers in the Singapore market.
Your responsibilities also include...
- Underwrite business within designated underwriting authority through a rigorous risk assessment process which includes consideration of loss control, claims history and other risk management factors
- Ensure adherence with all underwriting guidelines and referrals
- Provide accurate reports on a regular basis
- Maintain required servicing levels
- Keep informed of market changes and trends
- Proactively engage with various internal stakeholders for technical or marketing support for business development initiatives
- Continuously work to reduce expense ratios by focusing on efficiencies and streamlining of processes
To be considered for this role, you will have the following abilities & skills...
- Suitably qualified with a Graduate level degree from a reputable tertiary institution in business, economics, insurance.
- Ideally you will be fully or part ACII or CFA qualified.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar role
- Ability to build effective internal/external relationships to build/establishing credibility
- Up to date appreciation of the technical requirements of the role
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems and driving sound decision making
- Excellent attention to detail