Leading financial services organisation are looking to hire an experienced AML professional to join their growing regional function.
Based in Hong Kong, this role reports to the deputy head of regional AML compliance for the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) and is required to provide regional AML compliance support and oversight for the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business.
- The primary responsibility will be as a subject matter expert (SME) supporting and advising the regional TTS business on AML compliance matters
- Liaising with the business and in-country APAC AML compliance teams to ensure compliance with our global AML program and provide advice on the AML considerations needed for the product and service offerings of TTS
- Oversight for AML programs relating to money service businesses , new payment methods, trade finance, correspondent banking and other TTS related areas
- Review, coordinate and provide feedback on AML risk assessments for new and amended products
- Identify areas of potential risk and assist businesses and country teams to manage those risks
- Review and provide feedback on enterprise wide and “horizontal” or themed risk assessments
- Participate on behalf of the APAC AML Compliance team in global and regional governance calls
- Act as an escalation point for trade surveillance red flag / transaction clearance
- Support the implementation and training needs relating to new policies and standards
- Support APAC country AML teams in regulatory exam activities
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & experience required:
- University graduate and have at least 7 years of related experience in anti-money laundering compliance, banking or control-related function in the financial service industry.
- Demomstrate a strong understanding and 'hands on' practice experience of AML risks and typologies and be able to assist the business to identify any areas of weakness and design strategies to address those risks.
- Knowledge of correspondent, money service businesses and corporate banking would be a strong advantage.
- This individual must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely and confidently within the AML team and the business.
- Preference will be given to candidates with AML/ compliance/ legal/ regulatory / audit background
- Strong analytical and organisational skills are also necessary combined with being able to work autonomously as an effective member of a dynamic team.
- Effective communication, both written and oral, is crucial to successful job performance. Mandarin speaker is an advantage, but not mandatory.